The IAPBC awards a limited amount of $5,000 individual scholarships to graduating high school seniors attending a school in Summit County Ohio. The scholarship committee, appointed by the IAPBC president, will review applications and select scholarship recipients based on the application requirements and criteria. Scholarship awards are limited to members of the senior class of any secondary school in Summit County Ohio and are awarded based on the criteria listed below.
Scholarship Criteria to Apply:
- Student must be a graduating senior attending a secondary school within Summit County Ohio
- Student must be of Italian descent
- Scholastic ability – SAT, ACT, GPA
- Financial need
- Completed Application Form
- Purpose statement (one-page document) including your reason for applying for the IAPBC scholarship, where you will attend college, choice of major, future goals, how you expect to finance your college education, high school activities, or anything you feel is important for the committee to know when making their decision.
- Official high school transcript inclusive of SAT and ACT scores.
- Financial Information – first two pages of your family income tax return.
- Italian Descent (one-page document) outlining your Italian heritage, including names, hometown and relationship. Get creative, ask your relatives for their history, search online or use a family tree diagram.
Scholarship Application Instructions:
- Read scholarship requirements.
- Answer the application form questions thoroughly and to the best of your ability.
- Submit your application and required documents (see above) on or before April 30. You can submit your documents to email@example.com. Late applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by email in mid-May.
- Checks are made payable from the IAPBC to the student and the university/college to which the student will attend.
In the event no scholarships are awarded based on lack of qualified candidates, the value of the unawarded scholarships will be kept in the scholarship fund. If the scholarship award is not used within the immediate scholastic year after graduation, for any reason, the scholarship committee retains the right to review and recommend an alternate solution. In the event two applicants have the same scholastic ability ratings and no other scholarship award is available, the award will be given to the student who displays greater financial need.
Any questions regarding the scholarship application process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.